Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information OneBrightly may collect and how we may use it.
- When you create a OneBrightly ID, purchase a service, register for a class, contact us, participate in an online survey, or purchase or participate in any other activity provided on the https://www.onebrightly.com or https://www.brightlyinsurance.com website, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using OneBrightly services, send gift certificates, or invite others to participate in OneBrightly services or forums, OneBrightly may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. OneBrightly will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances as required by law.
- We use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity and assist with identification of users. For example, we may use date of birth to determine if you have achieved majority or qualify as a senior.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with OneBrightly, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on OneBrightly’s latest service announcements. We will be providing a method, via your Account dashboard after you log in, for you to opt out of these mailings.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve OneBrightly’ services, and customer communications.
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it.
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a OneBrightly service is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our services and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. OneBrightly may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the OneBrightly website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
At times OneBrightly may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with OneBrightly to provide services or that help OneBrightly market to customers. For example, when you purchase FloodGard™, you authorize OneBrightly to share the information you provide to produce the report. Personal information will only be shared by OneBrightly to provide or improve our services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
OneBrightly shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering services to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever OneBrightly operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for OneBrightly to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
OneBrightly takes the security of your personal information very seriously. OneBrightly online services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or better. When your personal data is stored by OneBrightly, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some OneBrightly services or applications or post on a OneBrightly forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at https://www.onebrightly.com/. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if OneBrightly is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using OneBrightly services. Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own OneBrightly IDs, unless their parent provided verifiable consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide location-based services on OneBrightly services, OneBrightly and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your OneBrightly computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by OneBrightly and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
OneBrightly websites, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to OneBrightly employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question or access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages the contacts and seeks to address the specific concern or query which you are seeking to raise. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, more information may be sought from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response.